Sleep is so fashionable at the moment that’s its’ got it’s own Ambassador. I’m not kidding, what Professor Matthew Walker, of UC Berkeley, does not know about sleep is not worth knowing. The more the researchers delve into this topic, the more they confirm what we’ve all suspected all along, great sleep makes for great well being, whilst bad sleep can contribute to some less-than-desirable consequences for our health.
Here are 5 simple ways to improve our sleep and help us thrive during our waking hours:
- Make sure the room you sleep in is cool.
- Take a hot bath or shower before bed.
- Avoid exercise 2-3 hours before bed.
- Make sure your the room you sleep in is dark, ideally gadget free.
- If you cannot sleep, get out of bed, perhaps go read a book.
You can find more ideas on how to improve your sleep; Why We Sleep, Matthew Walker